September 27, 2023

Who Needs a Streetworks Card in the UK?

The New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) requires that there is a qualified operative on site at all times while street works are in progress.

In the United Kingdom, a Streetworks card, also known as a Street Works Qualification Register (SWQR) card, is essential for individuals who work within the roadworks and street works industry. It serves as evidence that the holder is qualified and competent to perform specific tasks related to road maintenance and construction. Here's a brief overview of who needs a Streetworks card:

  1. Operatives: Individuals directly involved in tasks like excavation, reinstatement, and sign placement on public highways require a Streetworks card. This includes groundworkers, machine operators, and those involved in utility installations.
  2. Supervisors: If you're responsible for overseeing streetworks operations, you'll need a Streetworks supervisor card. This applies to those managing and coordinating activities on site.
  3. Managers: Managers and planners involved in the design, planning, and execution of streetworks projects may also need a Streetworks manager card.
  4. Technicians: Technicians engaged in monitoring and testing roadwork materials may need specific cards relevant to their duties.

It's crucial to note that streetworks cardholders must renew their cards periodically to ensure ongoing competence. Employers often require their workers to hold these cards to maintain high safety and quality standards in the industry.

Recent Resources
& Insights

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Duis bibendum ornare orci, a eleifend nulla semper id. Etiam non purus tincidunt, sagittis nibh ac,.

Explore Resources

Train yourself

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.