The New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) is a crucial piece of legislation in the UK that governs street works and road maintenance. NRSWA qualification units are the key components of the training and certification process for professionals involved in these activities.
The NRSWA qualification units cover a range of essential topics, ensuring that individuals working on roadworks and street maintenance projects are well-equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge. These units typically include:
- LA: Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus
- O1: Signing, Lighting, and Guarding
- O2: Excavation in the Road/Highway
- O3: Reinstatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials
- O4: Reinstatement of Sub-base and Roadbase in Non-Bituminous Materials
- O5: Reinstatement in Cold-lay Bituminous Materials
- O6: Reinstatement in Hot-lay Bituminous Materials
These units provide comprehensive training, ensuring that workers can safely and effectively carry out street works and road maintenance in compliance with NRSWA regulations. To work on UK highways, it is essential to attain the relevant NRSWA qualification units, making them a fundamental part of the industry.